Whether your business is online or brick-and-mortar, you should invest your marketing dollars in several key places. After all, you’ll want to focus your time and money where it’s most beneficial.
So let’s look at the top marketing strategies you could use now.
Effective Marketing Strategies:
- Set clear metrics. Far too many marketing dollars have been spent without any clear goals. Don’t let that be you!
- Before spending a dime, you need to be clear on your targets and how you plan to achieve them.
- What are your measurable goals? It could be tracking email signups, free trials, sales, phone calls, and so on.
- How will you track the progress toward these goals? Do you have the systems in place to see the data easily?
- Offer the best content in your niche. When you need something – whether a plumber or a keto snack – you likely Google it and see what comes up, right? Your customers are doing the same!
- In-depth web content will help your site be found when your clients are actively searching for answers. Offer truly valuable content that goes into greater depth than your competitors – that’s how you outrank them in the search engines!
- If you’re not sure how to optimize your content for Google, check out Moz.com or other free search engine optimization resources.
- If you want to outsource some of your writing tasks, content writers or copywriters will gladly take on this task for you for a reasonable rate.
- Email marketing. Collect email addresses on your website so you can keep in touch with your prospects. Emails are a great, inexpensive way to reach customers.
- Add an opt-in offer to your website. You can add a pop-up on your homepage and blog. You can also offer free lead magnets like a checklist, book, or video training.
- Stick to a consistent email marketing schedule. Your customers signed up – so they expect to hear from you! Don’t go dark with an email once a year.
- What’s a reasonable email frequency? Typically you want to email at least once a week, or bi-weekly at least. Any less frequent and your clients are likely to forget about you!
- What should I email about? You can share customer stories, frequently asked questions, tips and tricks, new articles, videos, sales, and so on.
- Use social media. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Twitter are great ways to market your business. You can start a page for your business and post to it regularly.
- Be engaging! Ask questions and encourage your audience to be part of your community. Of course, remember to interact with your fans by liking and replying to comments frequently.
- Advertise. You can also pay for advertising on these platforms. They all have easy-to-use interfaces for advertising, and you can control who you target and how much you spend. But before you spend a dime, remember our first tip: know your metrics!
- Don’t do it all. If you don’t have time to manage 5 social platforms, don’t! Just focus on the one or two platforms that make sense, then skip the rest.
Consistency is Key!
If a potential customer visits your Facebook page or site and sees that it hasn’t been updated in 13 months, it isn’t a good look!
That’s why consistency is so important.
Set a reasonable marketing goal, and stick to it!